- Speakers from Hotelverse, The Thompson Madrid and ClimateTrade will also participate at the conference.
- Forward_MAD will be a carbon-neutral event and will finance a reforestation or renewable energy project to offset its CO2 footprin.
- The conference will be held at the Círculo de Bellas Artes in Madrid and will include events at The Thompson Madrid and the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
Madrid, July 20th, 2022
Forward_MAD, which will address the current and future challenges of the luxury tourism segment from October 5th to October 7th at the Círculo de Bellas Artes in Madrid, adds new speakers to the event’s programme.
Previously announced participants such as Jennifer Wilson-Buttigieg, co-president at Valerie Wilson Travel, Trevor Horwell, CEO at Nobu Hotel Group and Mauro de Rosa, founder and CEO at Fast Private Jet, will be joined by:
- Guy Antognelli, Director at Visit Monaco
- Dimas Gimeno, Founder and CEO at Wow Concept Store
- Alex Barros, Director of Growth and Innovation at Hotelverse
- Robert Arrow, Director of Luxury Services at Seera Group
- Fran Beneditto, CEO and Co-Founder at ClimateTrade
- Alonso Díaz Étienne, owner of The Thompson Madrid
“The Forward_MAD programme will feature speakers who are leaders in their sectors,” said Fabián González, founder of Forward_Travel. “In the coming weeks, we will announce the names of more participants and the topics they will address in order to open the debate to all attendees.”
A Carbon Neutral Event
Sustainability and regenerative tourism in the luxury segment are among the topics that will be raised during the conference. In its commitment to a sustainable travel industry, Forward_MAD will be carbon-neutral thanks to a collaboration with ClimateTrade.
With the information on the distance travelled and the means of transport used by the attendees, on the accommodation booked, the energy performance of the venue or the catering and beverage services, among others, the carbon footprint of the event will be calculated. Afterwards, a reforestation or renewable energy project will be funded to offset the CO2 emissions.
The main sessions of Forward_MAD will take place at the Círculo de Bellas Artes in Madrid. There, hoteliers, investment funds, transport companies and travel agents will discuss trends, strategies, challenges and opportunities in high-impact tourism over two days.
Participants, attendees and speakers will also have time to establish and strengthen their professional network at the Welcome Cocktail reception on October 5th at the recently opened Hyatt’s The Thompson Madrid and at the Gala Dinner on October 6th at the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
“We are delighted to have exclusive venues such as The Thompson Madrid and the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum for Forward_MAD,” explains Fabián González. “They will undoubtedly put the finishing touch to an inspiring professional conference that will help to boost the luxury tourism segment.”
Forward_MAD held its first edition last year from October 13th to October 15th in Madrid. It was attended by more than 200 international travel industry professionals representing more than 150 companies in the luxury tourism segment from 30 countries. With the celebration of this second edition, Madrid renews its commitment to the development of a sustainable model of high-impact tourism, in which its historical and cultural heritage is the centre of attention.